Author Topic: GSX stopped running I am quite confused **SOLVED**  (Read 13496 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX stopped running I am quite confused
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 10:19:04 pm »
I am sorry to say that after the installation completed there was no GSX.

The usual question: do you see BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu ?

since your dll.xml was already corrupted, do you want to create a new one?
yes

This message was quite clear: you had an EXISTING problem ( not caused by any of our installers ) in your DLL.XML file, so the installer offered you a choice between aborting or creating a new one from scratch. You said Yes to this question.

1. It seems that several addons that I had have been removed from FSX  I guess I will have to try to find them again.

That's normal, since you asked to create a new DLL.XML file from scratch, it's back to default, JUST with the Addon Manager lines added. You will then have to reinstall all your other 3rd party modules.

Of course, the installer has also created a BACKUP, named DLL_XML_Before_Addon_Manager.XML in your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder. Copying this will restore your previous XML, but with the bug included.

If you send it to me ( ZIPPED, do not post it, because the forum software will alter it ), I can have a look at it and see what was wrong with it.

2. I am no longer able to access the FSdreamteam forum using my normal password and info I am immediatly redirected to a facebook page saying

There are no redirects on Facebook anywhere on our site, nor they share anything related to logins.

dont know how to get in using my email address and password since obviously they are recognized

Don't understand this sentence, if the are recognized, you should be able to login normally. Are you SURE something like an antivirus/antispyware or similar you have installed, is not playing tricks on you ? Perhaps, it blocked the site because is defective, and it's then directing you to a Facebook page for some reason ?

spinker

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 05:22:15 pm »
Hello,

in FSX under "add-on" i see

Couatl powered products
addon manager

Is FSUIPC by Peter Dawson required for GSX the reason I ask because of problems with  Saitek product their support people suggested I remove FSUIPC see their recomendation below:

"I believe all you have to do is go to the directory in
which FSX resides, look for the "modules" folder, search
for "FSUIPC.DLL" and delete it"

I know FSUIPC is used for connections with many FSX addons

I have corrected the access problem to fsdreamteam forum, no longer a problem.

Have you seen any  reason why FSX does not respond yet?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 12:31:55 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 12:32:57 am »
Is FSUIPC by Peter Dawson required for GSX

No, none of our products require, install or are affected by FSUIPC, it shouldn't make any difference if it's installed or not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 12:42:13 am »
I tried your DLL.XML file, and it's absolutely normal, just without the Addon Manager lines, which is how is supposed to be, because is the backup made before installing it.

I've tried installing using YOUR DLL.XML in my system, and no problems whatsoever, no errors of any kind, everything's working normally.

spinker

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 06:09:22 am »
Hi

Can you tell me where the GSX directory is?

"I've tried installing using YOUR DLL.XML in my system"

Can you tell me where you copied my DLL.XML file too?

How would I do a complete uninstall of GSX?

All for now, thanks for all your help.

If I come up with new questions can I reach you through this link?

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 06:54:18 pm »
Can you tell me where the GSX directory is?

GSX is made by many files, but this is not really relevant.

"I've tried installing using YOUR DLL.XML in my system"

Can you tell me where you copied my DLL.XML file too?

There's only ONE place that file is located, which is %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX.

However, this is not really relevant anymore because, in your last message, you said you HAVE the "Addon Manager" and "Couatl powered products" modules, which means the installation has completed.

I ONLY replied to a PREVIOUS message of yours, which seemed to indicate you had an installation error saying your XML was corrupted. That's why I asked you to send it and no, it's not corrupted, and I can't see any errors installing any of our installers, using YOUR file on my system.

How would I do a complete uninstall of GSX?

Uninstall it like any other Windows program out there, from the Add/Remove Section of the Control Panel, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?". Reply YES to BOTH questions.

However, this won't remove your preferences, which are removed by removing the following folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

Note that, if you do this, you will lose ALL your GSX customizations, like airports and airplanes so, it's a totally clean reinstall.

spinker

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2014, 12:30:45 am »
Hello,

I do not find GSX or anything that appears like that in my add/remove section.

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 11:37:40 am »
I do not find GSX or anything that appears like that in my add/remove section.

It should be under "Fsdreamteam GSX". If it's not there, it means you haven't installed it, so it's not strange it doesn't work then...

spinker

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 05:35:34 am »
Hello,

Thank you, I found FSdreamteam GEX and uninstalled thru add/remove.

"you said".....

"However,...... this won't remove your preferences, which are removed by removing the following folder: %APPDATA%\ Virtuali

I did not create any GSX customizations, cannot find this file don't understand the %signs in front and rear of %appdata%,
is it necessary to find and delete this file?

There is no Longer any reference to couatl or addon manager in FSX addon directory.
Is there anything else that may be blocking GEX that I should look for?

Am I now ready to purchase and reinstall GSX from FSdreamteam.com?

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 11:20:40 am »
I did not create any GSX customizations, cannot find this file don't understand the %signs in front and rear of %appdata%, is it necessary to find and delete this file?

You simply type EXACTLY this:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

Into any explorer filename bar, or in the white area that opens after you press the Windows Start button, then press the ENTER key, and this will open the correct folder.

There is no Longer any reference to couatl or addon manager in FSX addon directory.

There wasn't supposed to be any in the "addon" directory. Not sure what you mean with it anyway. There's an "Addon Scenery" directory in FSX, which is obviously entirely unrelated to GSX, and there's an "Addon" menu in the sim.

The Uninstaller obviously removes every file EXCEPT the preferences so, you don't have to worry about the Unintaller "forgetting" to remove something IF you replied YES to the question I've explained in my previous message.

And, as I've said in my previous message, the ONLY thing left by the Uninstaller, are the preference files. Fact you haven't customized anything yourself, doesn't mean you don't have the preferences files. You have, just with nothing added by you so, it's simply means that you don't have to worry about losing something you made, by removing the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.

That would be an entirely clean uninstall.

Is there anything else that may be blocking GEX that I should look for?

Am I now ready to purchase and reinstall GSX from FSdreamteam.com?

Larry

[/quote]

spinker

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2014, 04:34:55 pm »
Hello,

GSX is now running.

Thank You for all your help and patience especially patience.

I think this problem can be considered closed.

Larry