Author Topic: Problems with Update (live and standalone)  (Read 3205 times)

nuitkati

Problems with Update (live and standalone)
« on: May 08, 2014, 12:40:18 pm »
Hello @ll,

beginning with the last 2 updates I get the following message:

"The scenery that the file model.cfg is not installed"

What is GSX trying to tell me? Does this affect GSX in any way? It seems to work normally, but, not knowing what the update tried to do, I can't be sure, .

Cheers
Oliver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with Update (live and standalone)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:55:41 pm »
beginning with the last 2 updates I get the following message:

"The scenery that the file model.cfg is not installed"

That's not an error, it's just a progress bar message indicating the update is doing something. It simply means that the scenery that came with that file, which is not has been updated, is not installed so, there's nothing to do. The scenery is KDFW so, if you don't have it installed, it's normal you don't need to update that file.

nuitkati

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 09:28:44 pm »
Hello,

many thanks for the reply. I'm afraid, I wasn't precise enough. I'm actually getting error messages too, accompanying the above mentioned comment:

1. When "...model.cfg...installed" appears, I get a separate window with "There was an error updating some FSX files, please try again later"
2. At the end of the whole updating process a window pops up with "There was an error updating some coautl plugins, please try again later"

Trying "later" doesn't change anything though.

Best
Oliver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 11:18:10 pm »
2. At the end of the whole updating process a window pops up with "There was an error updating some coautl plugins, please try again later"

This doesn't necessarily related to the 1st message which, as I've said, it's NOT an error and if it happens alone, it would not generate the 2nd message.

Are you getting it using the Live Update from FSX, or when installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager or some other installer ?

Installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager would ensure you'll get all latest files, regardless of the ability to download from the servers, because the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer always contains the very latest copy of the same files that were supposed to be downloaded.