Author Topic: COUATL ERROR  (Read 4400 times)

mikpen14

COUATL ERROR
« on: September 21, 2008, 10:38:11 pm »
I purchased the JFK-KORD-ZURICH bundle the other day and installed them and they work great.  I installed Greystone and had problems with it, as I posted in promotional area.

However since I have installed Greystone, when I load FSX I get an error saying that COUATL.EXE has stopped working.  FSX then appears to load no problem, but is there something that can be done to fix this?

Thanks

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: COUATL ERROR
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 10:42:10 pm »
However since I have installed Greystone, when I load FSX I get an error saying that COUATL.EXE has stopped working.  FSX then appears to load no problem, but is there something that can be done to fix this?

It shouldn't happen, because Greystone do not use Couatl at all. It might just be that you were using an old installer for Greystone, that didn't included the current version of the Addon Manager files. The current installer should automatically get the latest files from the net at start so, it's downloading exactly the same files as JFK. So, check you are using the latest Greystone installer.

Or, you can simply reinstall JFK, it should overwrite any older files it finds.

mikpen14

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 10:46:07 pm »
I tried reinstalling JFK again, but still had the same error message.

I downloaded the installed for Greystone from you first post announcing the promotion.

Is it the latest installer?

Thanks

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 10:48:07 pm »
I tried reinstalling JFK again, but still had the same error message.

Check you don't have two Couatl.exe processes with the Task Manager. This might happen if you close FSX then reopen it too quickly before giving Couatl a change to close down properly together with FSX.

I downloaded the installed for Greystone from you first post announcing the promotion. Is it the latest installer

If you downloaded it now, is the latest installer. The links never changes.