Author Topic: GSX error update  (Read 3472 times)

tkemp66

GSX error update
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:14:11 pm »
I was prompted with a GSX update about two days ago but I'm getting errors during installation. GSX appears to be running fine but I'm not exactly sure what I'm missing from the update. GSX errors indicate, 'problems updating some FSX files' and 'problems updating some couatl plugins.' The release notes mentions an update for FSdreamteam KLAX and some fixes for P3D. I have neither and wonder if this i why I'm getting the error message? Thanks

Please see attached images bfor errors.

Troy
Troy Kemp

Mark_Fox

Re: GSX error update
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 07:37:55 pm »
I have received the same two responses as Troy for the last week or so.

Today I downloaded and installed the latest stand-alone installer. When manually updating, I still receive the two notices.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 08:40:09 pm »
That message might indicate a problem with the internet connection, for example if you have a firewall or a similar security software that is blocking online access to the update server.

Try to turn off all firewall and similar security software and try again.

In any case, if you download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, you don't even NEED the update, because the Stand-Alone Addon Manager always includes the same set of files that you were supposed to download online so, even if something in your system is blocking access to the update server, you have the latest files anyway.

eke2000

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 09:27:06 pm »

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem (P3DV2.2) whit last live updating but GSX working OK and here to answer - it doesn`t matter.

tkemp66

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 10:21:09 pm »

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem (P3DV2.2) whit last live updating but GSX working OK and here to answer - it doesn`t matter.

Well I have firewall and virus disabled. In fact I always disable before flying but have never had problems updating from within FSX before. I will do the stand alone update. Thanks for your response.

Troy
Troy Kemp