Author Topic: GSX will not install AFTER P3d v2.2 Hotfix **SOLVED**  (Read 4437 times)

cthiggin

GSX will not install AFTER P3d v2.2 Hotfix **SOLVED**
« on: April 11, 2014, 03:50:43 am »
Hello folks,
When P3D v2.2 came out this week, I installed it with no problems.  I then d/l'd the new installer for GSX and it installed into "v2.2" fine.

I, along with many others, had a v2.2 issue - when we would develop a flight in P3d's Flight Planner, click Save, we would get a full CTD.

Lockheed Martin acknowledged the issue and today, 04/10/2014 issued a "Hot Fix" for the problem - FYI - the Hot Fix Zip was mostly new .dll's and a new prepar3D.exe....

It installed fine and the hotfix corrected the "flight plan" issue - However, GSX quit working (yes, I saved the .xml file that had the GSX in it and re-applied it).  I came to your d/l site and again
d/l'd the latest installer, but could NOT get GSX to install -

Upon installation, almost immediately I would get two messages:

First: Sim.EXE file version is 2.210438.0 - This product requires Prepar3D 2.0 or 2.1 or 2.2 to be installed.

I would click ok, then get this second message:  Sim.EXE file version is 2.210438.0 - This product requires FSX SP2 or FSX Acceleration Pack to be installed.

Summary:  I cannot get GSX to install AFTER the Prepar3D "Hot Fix"....

Is there a workaround for this / or / a new installer coming from you folks?

Thank you,

Tom
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:57:54 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX will not install AFTER P3d v2.2 Hotfix
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 12:57:47 pm »
Summary:  I cannot get GSX to install AFTER the Prepar3D "Hot Fix"....

There's a thread about this:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10123.msg79272.html#msg79272

If you just patched P3D with the Hotfix, you only need to download and install the updated Stand-Alone Addon Manager

If, instead, you Uninstalled an FSDT program (there wasn't any need to do so), you must re-download the full installer of the FSDT program you Uninstalled.