Author Topic: GSX Stoped working and took KLAS with it **SOLVED**  (Read 4269 times)

Vicpdx17

GSX Stoped working and took KLAS with it **SOLVED**
« on: April 11, 2014, 11:21:47 am »
Hi,
So after a recent update of GSX I notice that it wont start anymore even in trial mode. I did a uninstall and reinstall and it did not fix it, I even put exceptions in my antivirus to make sure it wont clock the files. I noticed also that KLAS also stopped working to.

In FSX coualt does not show up anymore and also when I view the task manager I dont even see it started and when I try to start it during the game running I get a " this program is not compatible with your system I am running win 7 x64.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:02:58 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Stoped working and took KLAS with it.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 12:53:20 pm »
In FSX coualt does not show up anymore and also when I view the task manager I dont even see it started and when I try to start it during the game running I get a " this program is not compatible with your system I am running win 7 x64.

That message seems to indicate your antivirus has corrupted it, mistakenly thinking it was a threat and trying to "heal" it.

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall  GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

Vicpdx17

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 01:02:39 pm »
Alright so I did all of that and it still does not work. the addonmanager is working and present but coualt is the only program that is not there. I do see it in the files but it just wont load into flight sim anymore.

I added the main Microsoft FSX directory to the exceptions list, also added both of the things you said to put also on the exception list.

FSX is also not in comparability mode or any mode. I tried running it with admin privileges but it still did not work.

Before it stopped working, I got 2 popup messages that my system has changed. The only thing I did recently was do a graphic card update and or bios update and some other drivers with usb.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 02:59:15 pm »
Alright so I did all of that and it still does not work. the addonmanager is working and present but coualt is the only program that is not there. I do see it in the files but it just wont load into flight sim anymore.

You don't say if you are still getting the invalid application message if you try to start Couatl.exe manually. If you do, then it's still an antivirus problem, which has corrupted the executable.

Another thing to check is if the Couatl.exe digital signature is still valid. Right-click on it, select "Properties", then "Digital Signature", and press the button to check the details and if the digital signature is still valid. If it's not, then you can be sure the program has been altered on your system, so it's not the same as the one we installed.

Vicpdx17

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 02:12:54 am »
Sorry about that, yes it does still give me the message that it is not compatible with the version of windows I am running.

when I click properties on the coualt.exe under details tab it just shows application, date installed, and size but nothing else.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 04:56:17 pm »
when I click properties on the coualt.exe under details tab it just shows application, date installed, and size but nothing else.

Clear indication that the digital signature is not just invalid, it has been lost. It can't be anything else than the antivirus, which has corrupted the executable.

Vicpdx17

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 01:04:49 am »
oh ok, I just tried it with anti-virus disabled and even put both installer and files directly on the exception list and it still shows it is corrupted and the digital signature is lost. I at one time used a registry cleaner, do you think that may have accidentally erased some registry stuff relating to the files?

My Anti-virus: Latest Trend Micro Maximum Premium Security.

Vicpdx17

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 03:53:20 am »
I found out what it was! ;D

I am using a Developer Version of Chrome called Google Chrome Canary and I found out that it was causing the Installer to be corrupted during the download(Bad Download).

In the end Chrome Canary was corrupting the installer and so I went to Firefox Nightly(x64) to re-download and every is back and present.