Author Topic: I have something to ask your favor, Virtuali.  (Read 4387 times)

kozmicelly

I have something to ask your favor, Virtuali.
« on: March 25, 2014, 04:28:58 pm »
Hi,

Could you announce the update info of each scenery installer here "General Discussion", even if it's a minute one?
I have to redownload every scenery (except Hawaii ones which I don't have)once a month to check the update.
It's kind of a hard work.  :P

Thank you.

Elly
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:18:47 pm by virtuali »

Hnla

Re: I have something to ask your favor, Virtuali.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 04:49:23 pm »
Oh yeah, that must be really hard on you.. I feel so bad for you

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 07:08:07 pm »
Once a month?  Think the last airport update was Kennedy about nine months ago.  Only thing regularly updated is GSX, and the live updater will tell you when you launch FSX.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 07:54:32 pm »
Once a month?  Think the last airport update was Kennedy about nine months ago.  Only thing regularly updated is GSX, and the live updater will tell you when you launch FSX.

I think he only announces major updates and not the small updates, and the Kennedy update is most likely a big one. But it would be great to have an announcement for each airport update even if it's a minor one.

Acer AMD Quad-Core A10-6700
12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 08:37:47 pm »
Every update is announced in the support forum for that particular product, major or not.  Nothing has been updated since Kennedy, they're too busy working on Bush.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 10:16:01 pm »
π
Every update is announced in the support forum for that particular product, major or not.  Nothing has been updated since Kennedy, they're too busy working on Bush.

That's wrong. We updated CYVR quite recently, to fix all the things discussed here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7987.0.html

We also updated Zurich to fix the runway lights problem in P3D 2.x:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9985.0.html

And, we updated ALL installers and the Addon Manager, to support P3D 2.1, and we updated them AGAIN to support the latest P3D Hotfixes, YESTERDAY...

Only thing regularly updated is GSX, and the live updater will tell you when you launch FSX.

No, everything is updated regularly, but only GSX is updated with the Live Update feature, and you'll see notifications for GSX only, that doesn't mean we don't have other updates, constantly.

That's the beauty and the onus to have freely downloadable Trial version: everything gets updated very often, because it's in our own interest to have the Trial version (which is the only installer we have), to look as good as possible for new customers, but of course this will benefit everyone, because we must keep working on everything, constantly.

So no, we weren't "too busy on KIAH", to be able to do other things.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 10:19:47 pm »
Could you announce the update info of each scenery installer here "General Discussion", even if it's a minute one?

Sometimes, just announcing could be a chore on its own, which would take away valuable time away from doing the fixes, and supporting users with answers.

But we'll probably integrate the sceneries in the Live Update system in the future, because right now you get only notifications and automatic updates only with GSX.

kozmicelly

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 07:46:32 am »
Hi,

OK, thank you Virtuali for the answer.

I read every support forum for the products EVERYDAY. which I can live and have been able to live with, to check the minor update. But the time differences may make it difficult to read every post (I live in Tokyo, Japan).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to have a new update system. ;)

Elly