Author Topic: Can't Load FS Dream Team Airports in Prepar3d 2.1 w/ Hotfix **SOLVED**  (Read 4902 times)

markmasterson

Maybe someone can help me determine what I have done wrong.  I have installed FSX as a side note everything is working.  I reinstalled Prepar3d 2.1 and then installed the Hotfix.  I try to load my FS Dream team software and It tells me that I have to have Prepar3d 2.1 installed (it is) and then defaults to install to the FSX directory.  I recall before the Hotfix that FS Dream team software would default to Prepar3d?  It's like with the Hotfix that FS Dreamteam software does not see the Prepar3d installation.  Do I have to install the Hotfix after I install my addons?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:07:15 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't Load FS Dream Team Airports in Prepar3d 2.1 w/ Hotfix
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 09:41:51 pm »
I try to load my FS Dream team software and It tells me that I have to have Prepar3d 2.1 installed (it is) and then defaults to install to the FSX directory.

Are you reinstalling running the scenery installers or you are simply loading the sim after the hot fix, and got a message while starting ? If you are reinstalling the sceneries, you must redownload the current installers which recognize the 2.1 version.

Do I have to install the Hotfix after I install my addons?

Exactly the opposite: if you uninstalled the sceneries, you must reinstall them AFTER the Hotfix, using the newest installer.  If you haven't uninstalled the sceneries, then you can simply download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

markmasterson

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 11:00:30 pm »
I downloaded the new scenery for this example I did it again just to ensure I did (JFK_...I own all of them.  I run it just like I did before but it does not recognize that I have Prepar3d and loads directly into FSX.  It give me a warning that this scenery is for Prepar3d 2.1.  That is not how it was when I loaded it before the HotPatch?   Do I need to uninstall everything and do it again.   I very much enjoy this scenery and appreciate the time you give to address this.  Thank you for producing the best (In my opinion) scenery.
Mark

markmasterson

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 11:01:44 pm »
When I first loaded the Hotpatch (Before I reinstalled), I got a warning that Addon Manager was not working (Or something like that) that is why I reloaded Prepar3d from scratch.

cfeli

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 02:17:00 am »
After I installed the hotfix DLLs I got a message when I ran P3D saying that Addon Manager could not run because my version of P3D had to be v1.3 or later.  When I tried to re-install Addon Manager it said that I needed P3D v2.0 or 2.1. I am using v2.1 but the new hotfix has newer version number that may not be recognized by Addon Manager.  Is there a way to fix this?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:23:15 am by cfeli »

markmasterson

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 05:15:33 am »
Uninstalled and Reinstalled Prepar3d 2.1.   Loaded FS Dreamteam successfully KLAX and KJFK.   Loaded Hotfix.   Get error message that I must have Service Pack 2 on FSX Or Prepar3d 1.3 or higher?  This is exactly where I was before.   If you have seen this error after doing Hotfix.  Please let me know what steps are next.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 10:59:22 am »
Ok, found the problem, and I think how LM handled the hotfixes is a bit confusing: they have the download link on their forum that indicates the version to be 2.1.10017.0, but the link is being updated with newer versions without changing the link so, you don't know what you'll end up downloading util you download it.

The first hotfix didn't changed the build number compared to the original 2.1 release ( 9936, even if it WAS labeled as "2.1.10017.0" on the link ), but they released further hotfixes without updating the link description, so the current one is 2.1.10210.0, but still labeled as "2.1.10017.0", so we had no way to knowing they updated it without trying...

The issue is, we need to check the build number *exactly* in the installer, because if we jet let you install into any 2.1.x version, the Addon Manager would crash the sim, since it needs to be updated for each build in order to get some informations directly from memory. Just like FSUIPC, basically, every new build of the sim requires a an updated build of the module.

There's an updated Stand-Alone Addon Manager now that recognizes the new build, but you'll have to wait a couple of hours for all the other products installers to be updated too.

markmasterson

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 02:48:03 pm »
You are number 1 in customer service!  Thank you for helping solve a problem which I am surprised I am the only one dealing with.  Look forward to all of your future releases.  I have enjoyed each and every one of your current software.  It makes Flying REAL!
Mark