Author Topic: Airport terminals disappear when switching views to another airport  (Read 3692 times)

BrandonLH81

When i go out and spot AI with super traffic board or views under the tool bar in FSX , FSDT airports building, terminals will disappear only leaving jetways.

For example if i am at KDFW FSDT and switch views to KDAL (Default) when i return back to KDFW the terminals are gone . Cou atl is always running and addon manager are both present.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport terminals disappear when switching views to another airport
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:20:00 am »
Is this happening only with super traffic board installed ? I've tried changing views using only the default FSX views menu and moved to nearby airports and followed several AIs, and it doesn't happen, all terminals are there when the view goes back to normal.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 11:01:18 am »
Is this happening only with super traffic board installed ? I've tried changing views using only the default FSX views menu and moved to nearby airports and followed several AIs, and it doesn't happen, all terminals are there when the view goes back to normal.

No it's happened without super traffic board . It would be like if i started out a flight at KRNO and then went changed my view to a AI plane at KLAS FSDT . The buildings wouldn't be there , Just the shadows/outlines and jetways. Iv'e waited a couple of minutes thinking the buildings would load but never did.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 03:05:01 pm »
No it's happened without super traffic board . It would be like if i started out a flight at KRNO and then went changed my view to a AI plane at KLAS FSDT

But that's NORMAL and is how is supposed to be. Buildings appear or disappear depending on the position of your airplane, not the position of your eyepoint.

If they were created/destroyed depending on the position of your eyepoint, there would be annoying pauses when creating/destroy all objects at each change of view, if the eyepoint would be outside the scenery range, and if we increased the scenery range to be as large to cover the "AI bubble", which is about 200 NM, our airports would take away previous VAS space even if you are away from them, which is what happens with regular .BGL files: they are loaded *way* before they are really needed, but there's cost in memory.

Your first description of the problem was that if you were at FSDT KDFW, then switched the view to an AI on another airport, then back to KDFW, the building disappeared, and this is a different case, and shouldn't happen, because your airplane was never outside the KDFW loading range.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 04:50:19 pm »
No it's happened without super traffic board . It would be like if i started out a flight at KRNO and then went changed my view to a AI plane at KLAS FSDT

But that's NORMAL and is how is supposed to be. Buildings appear or disappear depending on the position of your airplane, not the position of your eyepoint.

If they were created/destroyed depending on the position of your eyepoint, there would be annoying pauses when creating/destroy all objects at each change of view, if the eyepoint would be outside the scenery range, and if we increased the scenery range to be as large to cover the "AI bubble", which is about 200 NM, our airports would take away previous VAS space even if you are away from them, which is what happens with regular .BGL files: they are loaded *way* before they are really needed, but there's cost in memory.

Your first description of the problem was that if you were at FSDT KDFW, then switched the view to an AI on another airport, then back to KDFW, the building disappeared, and this is a different case, and shouldn't happen, because your airplane was never outside the KDFW loading range.

Interesting , thanks for the clarification . Sorry about the bad description of the problem.