Author Topic: GSX and Oslo X V2 **SOLVED**  (Read 5455 times)

VosDaan

GSX and Oslo X V2 **SOLVED**
« on: March 17, 2014, 01:13:57 pm »
Hi all!

I've got some problems with GSX at Oslo X V2 from Aerosoft.
When I press CRTL + F12 it says: "There are no parking/Gates available at this airport". GSX works fine at Amsterdam X. Both products are updated to the newest versions. I have tried at different gates with different airplanes, but still no luck. Is this something with the new 1.8 update? Or is the scenery the problem?

Kind regards,

Daan
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:25:37 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Oslo X V2
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 01:50:29 pm »
GSX should automatically recognise the new scenery installed. If that doesn't happen for whatever reason, you can try forcing a complete cache rebuild, by removing the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

And restart FSX, you should see both FSX and GSX rebuilding their scenery caches, the new scenery should work at the end of the process.

VosDaan

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 02:50:11 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately it's still not working. Is still says :"There are no parkings available at this airport". I have done what you said, I deleted the folders and started FSX. It rebuilded everything. The problem only occures with Oslo X V2.

Thanks for the help!

Daan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 03:54:49 pm »
The problem only occures with Oslo X V2.

Is possible there's another airport *inside* the main airport ? Like an helicopter base with its own ICAO code. In this case, you should remove the extra AFCAD for that airport.

VosDaan

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 06:10:17 pm »
I don't think so. There is only one thing, the "flat" version of ENGM. But I think it's thair for a purpose. Strange it doesn't works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 07:34:30 pm »
I don't think so. There is only one thing, the "flat" version of ENGM. But I think it's thair for a purpose. Strange it doesn't works.

Check this thread on Aerosoft forum, there's a fixed flatten file that works with GSX:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/78777-issues-with-fsdt-gsx-after-oslo-v2-103-update/?p=562367

VosDaan

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 08:12:20 pm »
Thank you so much! I tried this earlier but it didn't worked for some reason. But now it works!

Topic can be closed.

Thanks,

Daan