Author Topic: Strange Error at FOOL (Leon M'BA)  (Read 2989 times)

rhodges

Strange Error at FOOL (Leon M'BA)
« on: March 14, 2014, 03:56:05 pm »
When I try to locate an aircraft at FOOL, the Leon M'Ba airport in Libreville, Gabon, I get the following error popup.

"The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart. Details can be found in C:/Users/Roger/AppData/Roaming/Virtuali/Couatl.err. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from http://www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager."

When I try to access the link for the referenced latest addon manager as instructed, I get an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

The details say: "Windows can't open this file. File: Couatl.err. To open this file. Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs that are related on your computer." A search gets no results.

I have the Dreamteam KDFW, KFLL, KJFK,KLAS, KORD, LSGG, LSZH, PHLI, PHTO, and PHNL Airports in FS9 and FSX with no problems. They all load fine, and none are anywhere near FOOL.

This problem only shows up in FSX. Loading FOOL is no problem in FS9 and it looks as expected.

My origin to fly to FOOL is FPST. No problem there. My destination from FOOL was to be FCBB. No problem there either. I can locate my aircraft at either FPST or FCBB with no error. The problem seems to be unique to the FOOL location, and it appears that my addon manager thinks this is a corrupt DreamTeam location for some reason.

If anyone has a similar DreamTeam installation, Please try locating an aircraft at FOOL in FSX if you would not mine and let me know if you also have any problem.

This is no biggie as I have never seen this error anywhere else, but I am curious. Now a bit of trivia as to how I got into this scenario. If you are not a glutton for punishment, you may want to ignore the following.

I made a spreadsheet and have made flights to all of the USA Capital cities. I then made spreadsheets for all of the Continent Country Capitals as well. I have completed Europe and Asia. As a hedge against boredom, I go to Wikipedia and read the information about each city before each flight. In my ignorance I have never heard of many of these places and often have no idea how to pronounce the text. I never realized how many countries are in each continent, particularly North America which is home territory. I am presently in the middle of the African Continent doing the same thing and ran into this strange error.

Respectfully:
RTH

rhodges

Re: Strange Error at FOOL (Leon M'BA)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 04:54:52 pm »
For what it is worth, I just tried flying from FPST to Fool hoping I could sneak up to my destination. I was beginning to think I had it made, but on an ILS Approach as I passed 5 miles DME, I got the error message again.

Also for what it is worth, I cannot close the popup. If I click on close my plane advances for a split second and then the popup continues to reappear indefinitely. I kept clicking on it all the way to the ground. The same thing happens when the location is selected. For a spit second you see the aircraft, and then the popup. There is also no normal way to even shut down FSX. The only way to completely close the popup AND FSX is to shut down FSX with the task manager.

Seems that the problem is unique to a five mile radius of FOOL for some reason.

RTH

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 06:39:23 pm »
It seems you still have the old ParkMe enabled, which is supposed to be disabled when you install GSX. Try to either reinstall GSX using the latest installer, or manually remove the following folder:

FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\ParkMe

rhodges

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 11:24:10 pm »
Thanks loads Virtuali!

Removing ParkMe solved the problem.
RTH