Author Topic: Offline activation **SOLVED**  (Read 7058 times)

marcjen

Offline activation **SOLVED**
« on: March 12, 2014, 03:52:21 pm »
I have just tried to install JFK V2 but there seems to be a problem.

It says it cannot connect to the internet. (maybe my firewall) so i choose to verify via the web browser utility esellerate. However when I put the serial number given by you in I get the message invalid installation set ID (-250000).

I also have CYVR as well and will try that now as well but suspect I will ahve the same outcome.

help please

Marc
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 05:08:39 pm by virtuali »

marcjen

Re: Installation error
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 03:55:46 pm »
CYVR installed OK with no need for Esellerate etc.

I purchased both at the same time and just used in both cases copy and paste from the order email.

Kind regards

Marc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 04:35:57 pm »
If you are seeing the manual activation screen, it means either your internet connection is not working OR another program such a firewall or a similar security system is blocking online access to FSX, so you must to exclude it or configure it to grant online access to FSX.

However, even the manual activation should work, although it's less easy to use the normal one, and works this way:

- Select the "Register Serial" option and put your Serial Number there

- It will ask if you want to Activate, reply "Yes"

- If there's no internet connection, a dialog will ask you what to do, select "Offline"

- A Window will appear with 3 choices, select "Activate Using a Different Computer that has Web access"

- It will show a code called "Installation ID" related to this machine.

- Go to http://activate.esellerate.net and type the Installation ID into the field. It should reply back with another long code called "Activation ID".

- Launch FS and wait again for the manual activation screen to come up. Now select "I already have an Activation Key and would like to Activate Now". Type the Activation ID you obtained from the web, and it should activate.

marcjen

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 04:55:20 pm »
It cant be a problem with the firewall as the other scenery installed with no problem.

marcjen

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 05:06:13 pm »
Many thanks for the instructions. all working now.

Kind regards

Marc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 05:08:04 pm »
It cant be a problem with the firewall as the other scenery installed with no problem.

That's doesn't mean anything. Not all products are activated on the same server, Esellerate have many of them running in parallel so, your firewall/antivirus is probably blocking only some of them.

But that's not really relevant. Have you TRIED doing what I've asked ? The offline activation method will work REGARDLESS if you have a firewall blocking online access or not (if will work even without any internet connection) so, if you can't figure it out what program is blocking online access to the activation server, just use the offline activation as explained. It's there for a reason...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 05:08:24 pm »
Many thanks for the instructions. all working
now.

I was fairly sure of that...